Saturday, May 9, 2015

Week 3 Post

The biggest takeaway I got from this week was reading Magdalena Yesil’s case study. She was a very driven person who knew what she wanted and proved that if you allow that to drive you then it’s possible to achieve your goals. What she proved was that it doesn’t mean you have to have a pedigree of wealth in order to make it in the world, but rather that it takes determination to succeed. Her attitude and desire to succeed stood out to her peers and showed in her work everywhere she went. It’s not easy jumping from job to job and maintaining a positive reputation but obviously that wasn’t an issue for her as she was highly sought after and jumped from start up to start up because of her accomplishments at each job.


How this impressed me personally is that it has led me to wonder what my peers or others would say about me. Do others see me as a driven and knowledgeable leader that is capable of performing at a high level all the time? Whether I choose to be an entrepreneur or not I can still carry a reputation that others want to work for or with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment