Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 1 Post

This week some of the big takeaways I had are about what it takes to be successful as a person and as a businessman. 

President Hinkley's talk was all about inspiring us to do good and to be good. Not to give up on who we are and what we need to do every day as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. We need to stand up and not give in to the negative things that surround us every day. Elder Bednar also spoke about how we need to truly gain an education and not just take the easy route, something that I know I've accused myself of on more than one occasion. 

As for what it takes to be a successful businessman I look at what Jim Ritchie did and listen to his advice as well. I've read many of the books that he suggested but will pick out the others and will read them as well. It's inspiring to see someone retire at the age of 35, that's 4 years away for me! Of course it's more than just reading the books, it's about applying the lessons and advice supplied in them.

Over the past several months I've been considering opening my own business and I look forward to getting the kick in the rear from these lessons to help me push myself to get out there and do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment